Sunday, January 08, 2006

General update

We've been to a wedding and had a visitor. Another wedding is coming up later this month.
The weather's been funny. Some dry windy days. And then recently some lovely days mornings after night rain. Mild, fragrant, clean air and golden sun. The soil is so grateful for the water. Cyclamens, which require such care in Denmark appear in the cracks in retaining walls.
Fruit-wise were very happy: persimons are in season, mangoes are huge and sweet this year (we both agree they weren't like this before, but can't come up with any theories about it) citrus is abundant.
We took the train to Bahji. The succulents are all blooming. I can't figure out whether they bloom twice a year or whether this year has just gone so incredibly fast. The fastest year so far. I wonder if they just keep getting faster and faster as you get older, or if you sort of hit a certain speed and at some point and it stays that way. If the years keep accelerating, I think I'll get dizzy and fall off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I think they do, and I'm feeling a little stressed about it too...

Anonymous said...

I hear that it does. I heard it for the first time when I was still 19 at Cottey. :) But I think and am hoping that we also get wiser so we know how to handle it, too. AK

Anonymous said...

I saw ascience documentary about this ,most amazing ,our sence of time varies throughout life being the perception in childhood that the days are endless and in old age they slowdown dramatically .It is due to a biological function of the brain i.e. hardwired , they showed many different species like flies for instance who live real fast but we appear to them as massive beings who move in slow motion.In particular they showed a beach scene where an old person stayed more or less in one spot while all others moved crazily around with this one spot of tranquility ,over many hours and speeded up to two minutes on the tv, it really said something .So i quess in more ways than one we are just along for the ride.kevin.