Monday, June 16, 2008

Don't be alarmed

Everybody is all right. We just got home from 24 hours in the hospital for observation because my Moosh ate a seed of a coral tree. I saw her pick it up and pop it in her mouth, and by the time I got to her it was gone. It was unlikely that it was going to harm her, but the doctors wanted us to be there to watch her and be able to react quickly just in case. All in all, it wasn't too bad. The staff were nice, and there was enough to do so that we (I?) only started getting ansy the last couple hours. The blood test was an ordeal for Moosh, but she recovered. We didn't sleep all that well, but MBL took good care of us, being with us as much as he could. After one mistake I realized it was better not to ask the other moms why their babies were there, because it made them sad and worried to talk about it. I felt so grateful that my Moosh was okay. The seed in question made it's reappearance. Now we've returned to our old routine Baba just put her to sleep and now I get to revel in just being home.

1 comment:

Mara Noelle said...

hospital is no fun. when we went (for anemia) we were on the oncology floor ... so sad. all the nurses kept visiting with us because Liam was so active, reactive, and, well, healthy. I couldn't bring myself to talk to anyone. I was almost embarrassed to be there with my son so (relatively) healthy.