Friday, November 01, 2013

Halloween

This year Moosh was a the Tooth Fairy in a costume of her own devising.  Note the tooth headband she made.  She also made a tooth wand and had wings, but we didn't have them for the picture below.  Ornumber was Super Boy.  Except that I don't know if he's ever even seen a picture of super boy.  I think he might have made up the idea himself, because he has heard of Super Man, and he sometimes asks about "boy" things that correspond to "man" things.  When we passed a man hole once, he asked if there was such a thing as a boy hole.  The costume was also of his own devising, and he changed his mind from the original plan when we went to the thrift store to get stuff for it.  I love costumes, especially making them.  It's like a huge craft project and you can wear it!

 
I went as Frida.  I kind of liked the unibrow, as in I could see how it could be considered beautiful rather than unsightly.  I understand that it was considered beautiful at some point in Iranian history.  I think we should reconsider it.  Try to stretch our esthetic sensibilities.

 
We joined the family of a school friend of Moosh's for dinner and trick-or-treating.  It was fun. Ornumber was very surprised to discover that everyone was giving him candy and I was letting him take it.  Now they are in bed, and I'm wondering what my candy management strategy is going to be.

5 comments:

Jane N. said...

Nice photos, Selvi (or should I say Frida?) What a delightful way to celebrate the holiday - helping them to be creative and make their own costumes! The candy is nothing compared to that. But now what are you going to do about the candy thing ... Love, Jane

Jim Traub said...

Very fun to see!!! I am on my last day of vacation and my sister Janet and I are chuckling about your little one's comments regarding "boy-hole". Janet is remembering riding in a car with friends and their little boy when someone mentioned that Mrs. X lost her husband last year. The boy was looking out the window thinking that just maybe he would be able to find the missing person. Love, Jim

Anonymous said...

Selvi,

Thanks for sharing the pictures of you and the kids. I love that they worked out their own costumes.

I have to say, you look lovely as Frida- unibrow and all! I think sometimes it suits! :)

Juliet T.

Liz said...

Fun!

Anonymous said...

I love it. How that boy's mind works. I'd like a woman hole.
I love the Frida Look, and Super boy and Princess tooth fairy. It's a privilege to have such a creative nurturing family for my grand!

GGma's support that way of her children AND FAMILY COME TO MIND.
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO