Sunday, October 02, 2005
Pomegranate
We've had a great pomegranate season and MBH (My Beloved Husband) is the master of pomegranates in our house. Here's how we have them. You have to choose the pomegranates carefully, taking only those whose skin is thick but maleable and is not blemished by any nicks or wormholes. You start to squeeze the pomegranate carefully. You can feel and hear the granules bursting inside and you gradually press harder until you are afraid the pommegranate will break open if you continue. Then you make a hole in the skin. MBH does this very delicately, cutting layer by layer, until the juice sprays out. He tries to drink up the spray, so as not to lose any of the precious juice. He usually has to cut a little bit deeper after that and then...he gives it to me!!! (I know. He spoils me in lots of little ways like this, and I love it.) The juice is so delicious. This is the best way to have pomegranates. Unlike when you eat the fruit whole, you get whole mouthfulls of juice at a time, without the bother of all the little seeds. And unlike juice made in a press, you don't get any of the bitterness from the white membranes inside the fruit. SOOO GOOD!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yummm. Can I get pomegranates in DK? This summer, MBH and I discovered that watermelon and strawberries are a very tasty and refreshing combination in a smoothie. (My MBH, not your MBH :o) )
Am a personal fan of ALL your posts about food. Your descriptions make me sooo hungry. My dear husband would further explain that everything makes me hungry. I disagree, but I will not bore you with our debate. I have heard about eating a pomegranate this way, but have never tried it. Your advertisement has worked, and I will have to purchase this nature inspired juicebox and get back to you.
You guys are great! It's true affection when someone can part with a juicy pomegranate, there are few better ways to say 'i love you' :)
Post a Comment