Like Sahar, I was so delighted to find out that other people see different colors in each eye. And I have news for my fellow two-eyes, when I told MBH about it, he said it was the same with him. He described it in exactly the same way, even though he hadn’t read the blog post. So now I know there are four of us. Actually, I’m thinking it must be pretty common, since there were two of you in my readership, which cannot be a very large sampling, plus MBH. I wonder if it has been studied scientifically and whether it has to do with the eyes or with the brain. I wonder whether people might have it, but never notice it. Maybe the strange thing about us is that we spend time comparing the way the world looks from one eye to the other.
In other news, I’m excited to report that I will soon be able to post PHOTOS that I TAKE MYSELF on the blog! Hurray! We got a digital camera. MBH researched it in great depth, and finally decided on a model. We’ve read the manual and attached the wrist band, and soon I think we’ll allow the camera out of the house for its first experience of its new life. I have a mental list of things to photograph that’s so long that I don’t remember what’s on it. Except the almond blossoms, which I hope will last long enough.
Monday, February 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
which eye do you think gives the most accurate version of the world and why is your profite so spartan, I do hope you will add a nice photo of your good self as i have not seen you for so long.have you considered getting skype.com - free international calls to other skype users.You need broadband but its great.
Hi Selvi! I was very happy to stumble upon your blog! I must say, your topic of seeing different hues with each eye has had me going around squinting one eye and then the other to see if I notice any difference between them. I actually don't experience the same thing as you, but I find it fascinating, and it is interesting to know that others experience this as well! Oh, and I drank pomegranite juice from the fruit like you described your husband (or should I say YBH?) preparing for you--and I quite enjoyed it!
I, too, am squinting at everything but not noticing a difference except the right is slightly blurrier...but to all of our not so distant cousins who may look at us strangely in Walmart(although I have vowed never to shop there) I will tell them I am having a Selviism...they might consider it a disease and not come closer or I may find people willing to live on the edge and come closer only to discover they too catch this Selviism and squint at everything...so soon if you see anyone squinting you will have to ask them all the people who have caught this phenomena leading back to Selvi...it is world uniting...I think...(although for 3 days I haven't slept properly--a sick 9 month old) kisses, l
This is so funny, I'm imagining you walking around winking!
Kevin, I don't know which is more accurate, but I like the rosy side better.
Hope everybody is on the mend, Laura.
S. When I described your eye phenomenon to Reza he said he had it too. I had done the test (i confess at work) and discover I have it too. In my case, i wonder if it is because of astigmatism. Reza thought it was a result of one of his past injuries, like he can remember a before and after.
luv, amma
Post a Comment