MBH and I have the following announcement.
We would like to announce that we are the parents of a little being who is currently wriggling about happily in a dark and warm aquatic environment, but who is tentatively scheduled to join us in the world of air and light on the 1st of September. More importantly, vivifying this delicate creation of flesh is an immortal soul that is now forever our fellow traveler on our spiritual journeyings.
My cousin wrote back that when she read the first line she thought it meant that we were getting a fish. And a friend has suggested that the blog name for our baby should be LWO for "Little Wriggling One."
All the Mama-types will quickly have calculated that I am in the beginning of the 4th month. Luckily, true to textbook predictions, my nausea (which really was not that bad, although it felt bad to me) and fatigue are abating. The highlight so far has been the ultrasound (not a full scan) that the doctor did the first time we went in. The baby was about 4cm long at the time, and really was wriggling around and looking happy. It made us so happy to see it, and that is the image I have in my head. It suprised me that the movements seemed very purposeful and almost practised (for want of a better word, because that's hardly the right one). I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't that.
Monday, March 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Congratulations! I'm looking forward to hearing more about the wriggling one over the next months :)
You and your husband will be wonderful parents--I cannot imagine how incredible and smart your child is going to be!
My dearest, this is Laura, flameco teacher! :) How joyous this occassion!! Motherhood,well parenthood, is really one of the greatest gifts ever given to us. We hope to see you mid May, joined by our little one as well. Remember to pamper yourself, there is no time afterwards!
selvi, i'm still 0ing.
love from leila
this news has been the light of our week. congratulations to you both. enjoy your pregnancy!! :) hope to see you tie a scarf around your belly to celebrate your new and beautiful form :):)
Dear Selvi,
I am so happy for you and YBH. You will be wonderful parents.
(I'm afraid the first 2 lines made me think "fish" too ...)
Lots of love
yay!!!! so happy for you both!!!! :)
-sahar-
congratulations!!! :D
so incredibly happy to read the news!
much love,
carolina
Along with all the advice and well wishes above..we too send out congrat's and say- life changes forever..and you realize this is what "life" is all about- and unconditional love takes on a new form!
Blog more..can't wait to hear about your journey!
Love Hashanthi
It's a great news Selvi, congratulations!
You are going to be such wonderful parents, lucky your baby. I'm enjoying my second pregnancy, and can't wait to see our second baby (due in July). Good luck, so happy for you :-) Sevda
I am so happy to hear this!
Congratulations you two!
A pleasent smile runs across my face when thinking of the two of you and a little one in your arms.
I'm hoping we get to see the LWO before we leave in September.
Love,
Sahba and Houman
Post a Comment