Thank you for the lovely comments. We’ve received so many kind and warm words of celebration and encouragement since we made our announcement. The though of a new person joining us seems to evoke such an instinctive surge of joy. I wish I could capture it along with the concern for the well-being of the baby and good wishes for its future that so many people have expressed. It would fill a little bottle with a warm light that I would keep tucked away until one day when it was needed. Those days come to all of us, and think how much it would mean if we could open a little bottle and pour out a luminous drop of the joy we brought to others by the mere fact of our existence, which somehow, I think, reflects the reality of who we all in a way that is easy to forget in this swirling darkness and light that is our life.
By the way, announcing a pregnancy is a great way to flush out lurking friends. It's so lovely to hear from you all, I'm happy to be in touch.
Saturday, March 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hmmm. basically no one is my friend anymore.
maybe i should start talking about my new swimming little fish ... and then conveniently omit the words METAPHORICAL and IN UTERO.
love from leila
Post a Comment