Monday, March 27, 2006

Two good things today.

First, I felt the LWO move last night. It is probably not the first time I felt it, but it is the first time I knew for sure that it was the LWO and not intestinal activity or something. Getting into bed I’d been wriggling about a bit myself, trying to relax my sore back, and then I stopped and wondered what it was like for the LWO be shaken up like a clove of garlic in a bottle of vinaigrette dressing. I had my hand on my belly and suddenly I felt two firm little silky-milky kicks. It was so exciting! MBH got excited too and had a sweet conversation with the kick spot. I realize that I can feel lots more movement, little bumps and softer kicks, now that I know what to expect. I haven’t felt anything as firm as those first two kicks again yet.

The other good thing is that today is my blog birthday. And to celebrate I wanted to start posting photos and I created a flickr account. Unfortunately, I can't get the photos to post here either from flickr or from my computer. So it looks like no photos for the birthday. I'll try again soon. Here is myflickr link. I've only got six photos up so far, but more to come.

3 comments:

Lindsay Lamar said...

Happy blog birthday! I'm looking forward to watching the belly pictures progress :)

Shingo said...

it is a wonderful thing to first feel the baby kick...even when they get big and give hard (and sometimes uncomfortable kicks) it's still a delight. Now that you recognise the movement I'm sure you'll feel it all the time :)

Oh and in regards to your last entry; I also had a very easy pregnancy. I think my 'symptoms' were very similar to yours. It doesn't make you more comfortable that some people are worse off, but it does make you grateful, I think :) In any case, you are certainly not a wimp!! During my pregnancy I also developed a brand new respect for pregnant woman, and all mothers. I think because it's something that 50% of the worlds population may go through, we take it for granted that it's 'natural' and the rest of it. In actual fact, it's hard work and the incredible thing about it is, it doesn't even begin to prepare us for the arrival of the baby which is a whole other story! It's amazing when you can look back at your pregnancy and think 'those were such relaxing times' :)

Selvi, you have my deepest admiration. My mother always says 'never ask a pregnant woman how she's feeling, unless you actually have time to hear the answer.(which may prove to be long winded;)' Selvi, I always have time to hear your answer :)

love amelia

Jane said...

Happy birthday on the blog!

Re. the first photo - we have lots of ferns in our garden. I love watching their unfurling progress in the spring.

And it's really a joy to be able to follow the progress of this most important event in your life!