Thanks for all the comments and prayers for the family reunion to work out. Yesterday I went to Tel Aviv once more and this time the application was accepted. So now it only remains to be seen whether a passport will arrive in time. Now we've done everything we can, and if it is meant to be it will happen. MBH (I feel he should get a new name now. There is an Arab tradition of calling the parents after the firstborn son. But since we believe in the equality of men and women, we'll do it for the daughter and call him Abu-Lily.)...anyway, Abu-Lily went to Turkey on Tuesday. His mother and niece and nephew arrived on Wednesday. Today my brother in law from Denmark will arrive there too. It's been 11 years since the two sons have seen their mother, and they have never met her two grandchildren. It must be a lovely reunion.
My mom is arriving tonight. I'm looking forward to it. I haven't felt alone, friends have been so helpful. One friend even came on the train to Tel Aviv with me, and others are making food and doing shopping and helping me give Lily her bath. But it will be great when my mom gets here. We'll have to work on a contingency plan to leave for Turkey with a day's notice, or less. But otherwise, I hope we can have a few relaxing days together, and then with any luck take a nice little trip.
I'm sorry I haven't organized myself to put up any photos. Lily's new playmate had her photos up right away. Isn't she beautiful? Her parents took the birthing prep class together with us. It's great sharing this experience with them. I think the two little girls are going to have fun together.
Saturday, September 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi,Selvi,
The reunion sounds wonderful and I do hope you three could join them in Turkey in time. I didn't get to see my parents for 7 years and I could imagine how great this is for your husband and his relatives. Enjoy your mom and I am sure you will have a lot to talk about. Hope you will come back to the States for a visit soon. Liang
Lily is such a sweet name for a litte girl- my little girl's name Liana has also been shortened to her pet name of Leelee...and now she only responds to Leelee! :)
Sounds like you have your hands full, but are doing it all in stride! :) great for you! Enjoy your time with mama- and give her my warmest regards! It's been many years since I last saw her.
Love to you also!
Dear Selvi, my congratulations to you and your husband. I'm so happy for you and would really like to see a picture of your little girl and looking forward to it. :)
with much love,
Nadia (now from Yakutsk, Far-North-East of Russia)
Hi Selvi,
I have been on vacation for 2 weeks and have only just seen your latest entry. I remember meeting both your mom and Siyamak's mom when you lived in DK. Please give them my warmest regards.
I do hope the family reunion has worked out for all of you!
Lots of love from Jane
Hello and congratulations!
Time passes so quickly - it seems like yesterday that we met and Lily was still the tiny, secret Juju. Her name is beautiful. I hope you'll be able to go to the reunion. Here in Copenhagen we've had what seems to be the very last days of summer - fall is creeping up on us, I can feel the windy draft around my feet.
Love, Anja
Post a Comment