Thursday, August 30, 2007

Birthday

For Lily's birthday we had some aunties and uncles over for brunch. Everybody had pancakes, but Lily is not yet eating most of the ingredients in pancakes, so I tried to make pancakes out of rice porridge and squash.

She ate them, but I'm not sure she realized that they were a "special treat".

Lil's Auntie Mellie made her a beautiful album of her first year. Lily loves looking at it (recently she's been getting really excited about the pics of her Baba in it, and about the "baby" on the cover).

I made her a little onesie cut out of a BWC logo T-shirt. Thank you Uncle Balli for the photos.

In the afternoon we went to the Shrines.

We celebrated with Lily's small friends the following Monday at our usual "Mothergoose on the Loose" music activity for babies and tots. We had a fruit platter with a birthday candle.


So she's one already. Infancy is past and she's a tot. She's older than the babies I looked at when she was first born thinking how big they were and how much they could do, and feeling that it would be so long, maybe forever, before Lily was like that. I knew the whole time that I should focus on enjoying the present, savor her babyhood while I could, and between everything else there were moments when I have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!
Liang

sashwee said...

Dear Liang,
So nice to hear from you. I can't believe Daniel is 11. Not possible. You started this mom project so far ahead of me. Hope you are all well.
Love,
Selvi

amelia said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Lily! I should actually wish you, Selvi, the happy birthday. I was so happy to read this and especially see the onsie. I felt a special connection with that as today was Shiori's second birthday and my gift to her was to sew her a dress and matching hand bag. She wore it to our weekly community devotionals and i was so happy. I should put some photos on the blog :) Love you lots and here's to many many many more happy birthdays :)