
Here is a close up.

I made it as a going away present for one of my fellow moms here and lovely her family.
Another going away present that I made together with another mom was a little book for a baby. (We're so sad to have these friends leave)

I was working on one for Lillian, and the idea was to put pictures of babies from all around the world, because she loves to look at babies, but her books mostly have only American babies. So I collected pics off the internet and put them in a little album with Bahai quotations about unity in diversity. "Regard ye not one another as strangers. Ye are the fruits of one tree and the leaves of one branch."

For the one that was a present, in the second half of the album we put photos of all the little friends here, which are actually a very diverse and mixed set of babies. IT came out so nice that I think I'll make Lillians quite the same.
4 comments:
Oh and how we love the ornament, it's so lovely and has a key spot in Shiori's room. We actually can't bear to only have it out on holy days, so it happily reminds us of the sacredness of each day.
missing you
love
amelia
We miss you so! And now Minoo and family are gone too. Ah me.
You honor my humble ornament. :) I'm glad to have that nice connection with the little B-day princess. We were just remembering the day so close to Lillian's.
xox
S.
can't wait to see the dress
now that i am pregnant to, i feel ike doing stuff i ahven't done before. one evening i felt like drawng. luckily my sister who we stay with is an artist. she has everything one needs to draw. i drew whole night although i don't know how to do it. but it came out quite interesting, it was a photographe of my sis and her husband glued on a piece of paper and my drawing of sunset and palms around them. i gave it to her as a gift, it is now in her room. they are also planning to have a baby, so i think she kept it cause i am pregnant and it is special for them, hopefuly they can get pregnant sooner... another thing i do now is embroidery. we bought this pattern of a little cute doggy, i thought i'd start with it as i am new to this kind of craft too:) i am doing a little every day and enjoying it very much it calms me down, makes me reflect and even meditate. it's quite engagin actually:) when i am done, i'll post a picture of it on my blog for you to see. love you, tahmina
good job Selvi, nice crafts you did and the onesie wow I should take a look at it in person. what a good skill you got. I shall send u some pictures of the photo album we gave to Rumi.
Post a Comment