This last week she suddenly started using a lot of new words.
Dog, woof woof, maa (for goats), "Jish" (teeth), Conc (Uncle), Shyia (for her friend Shihan), aow (flower, it sounds the same as her version of meow), hat
She's also started making up her own signs. Originally I taught her the sign for more. I tried to teach her some others, but she wasn't picking them up so I sort of stopped. But last week she's been using several new signs. Maybe it's me that only now has figured out what she was saying, I don't know.
Brushing teeth: Fingers in mouth moving back and forth
Cleaning: Moving hand back and forth on a surface, usually the tray of her high chair
Bath: Same motion on belly
Flower: wrinkling nose and sniffing (and also saying aow)
Hat: Patting sides of head with both hands
She moves one hand up and down to signal several different things: bells, a stuffed froggy that she likes to shake like that, and the stacking rings. I think the latter is a pun on "ring". She started doing the motion when I sang song from mother goose that went "ring your bell, ring your bell..." Then once I was telling her about the plastic rings and she made the same motion.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wonderful to hear about how she expresses her "genius" as predicted by her paternal grandmother, and now concurred by her maternal grandmother.
Love, Amma
Post a Comment