I've mentioned the onsie I made for Lil out of a logo T-shirt. The pattern was copied from a onesie that she had. Somehow it came out bigger, but she can just grow into it. Here is the shirt and the pattern.
I did some embroidery on the logo to make it more colorful.
I sewed the seams and hems with embroidery stitches with colored floss. I wanted the stitching to have some give, so I used blanket stitch, chain stitch and an overcast stitch. You can see the orange stitching around the neck, with a lazy daisy to hold down a box pleat in the front. I recycled some of the ribbing from the neck to reinforce the back of the inseam, which I've noticed on some of her clothes gets a lot of wear. It's closed with snaps in the bottom.
The green lump she is holding is a ball made from scraps of the shirt. I tried to make a pattern from tennis ball. But as her Baba said when I was trying to remember the mathematical equation for a sphere, this solid is a lot more complex.
The other project was a doll's blanket for a little friend's B-day present. It was also hand stitched. A simple heart applique on the front. The whole thing blanket stitched to a piece of fleece.
The background that it is on is a lovely quilt my mom made for Lil. I'll have to post about her quilts another time. Today she was trying to say quilt. It came out something like "git, koolt, kilt".
2 comments:
good job, selvi! everything looks beautiful, but the most beautiful is your baby:) she is so interesting, i cannot yet see neither you nor syamak in her:) so cute! love, tahmina
Oh my goodness! How you manage to find any time to do this amazes and astounds me.
Post a Comment