I was saying in English the endearments that her Baba usually says to her in Persian.
"You're my moon, you're my flower, you're my mouse."
And she piped up "You're my flea!" She still mixes up pronouns, so I'm not sure who she meant, but it's all explained by the fact that she always looks for the "wakeful flea who bit the mouse" in the pictures, when we read "The Napping House".
This morning her Baba was telling her "I love you." in Persian using the very special way of saying it (Asheq-e-tam), which translates to something like "I'm your devoted lover." "Spoon! Spoon!" she said in Persian(Qashoq). The words do sound similar, so she thought he was saying "I'm your spoon."
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How funny! It is so wonderful she is learning both languages. "Baba" in Chinese means "dad". Same spelling.
Love,
Liang
Liang,
I miss you. I hope you are well. I've had a few computer changes and I don't have you email here at home. How can I write to you?
Love,
S.
Heeheehee. In French, "my flea" is an endearment, too.
Post a Comment