Monday, January 05, 2009

California

We're in California. We've been here a couple weeks and lots has happened. We're seeing immediate and extended family, and friends who are like family too. L. misses her Baba in a sweet way. She's been almost obsessed with setting things up in little sets of three and dubbing them "Baba, Mama and Baby" in descending order of size. She's done it with balls, leaves, tomatoes, screws, pencils, rocks, anything that she notices bigs and smalls of.
I've also overheard "phone calls" to Baba.
"Hello Baba. How are you? Are you fine? See you this evening Baba." :( sad but sweet.
She's getting to do lots of things she normally can't, when the weather is good she can play in the yard. She sees animals, my family's cat named Ginger officially, but I guess someone was talking to her about hygeine because she called her "Germ Cat" this morning. There are two new dog friends, "Sam" and "Dutchess". And more about this later, but she's also had the opportunity to explore at tray of cultivated fly larve and pupe (a.k.a. maggots!). I reported this to Baba and he said it was okay that I let her do that, "But that's the limit." So now I'm wondering with a partner in crime which side of the limit the worm bin is on. I'm really glad that she enjoys these experiences. I'll have more details and pics later.

No comments: