I was afraid I'd have forgotten my password. Now I know why people seem to drop below the radar when a baby comes. We are well. I've gotten a few pictures up on flikr, but they're already old. They're from Turkey.
I'm writing to you from another planet, the planet of moms with little ones. Gradually, gradually I feel I've been coming to grips with the existential shift it is to become a parent. But it still feels like I'm sitting on another planet with only hopes limited contact to the rest of the world and the life I knew before. I'm not really sure why this is.
I don't want to sound negative. She is our shining star, the light of the house, as someone recently said. She is the cause of the illness and the remedy for it.
To anyone that might have emailed me recently. I lost my hotmail account with everything in it, because I didn't check it for 30 days (or more). I'm sorry. When I figure out what to do, I'll let you know here. Apologies for not being in touch more. I still have very limited time on the computer, but I'm hoping to be back online in January. That might increase communications with my planet.
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
oh my dear, i am sure i can speak for every mother out there when i say, that we know what you are talking about!! However, for my greatest regret i must inform you... that there is no return from the planet you are in now, you bought yourself a one way ticket girlfriend! The question is what incredible new thing are you going to do in your new planet. I tell you, its actually funner that previous one! Enjoy! :)
I felt the same way after I had my 1st one. Didn't know what to do first. You will find your routin with her, perhaps you have already. It gets easier especially when she starts pre-school. I started sending Daniel to a play center for two hours a day when he was 18mos. It helped me gather myself together during that time. You will be fine because you are a natural, I know you.
Love,
Liang
OOh its great to hear from you again! So many of us were waiting w/bated breaths to see how you fared! Well, life changes, that you knew but how much, I think we all are shocked at how much it all changes w/the birth of our firsborn. Funnily though- in time, maybe a year, maybe a few years- we all adjust. Pretty soon you'll wonder what life was before?! And when you have a second, if you do, the shock is NEVER as strong as it was w/the arrival of the first born! Anyway, your identity has changed- just think of it as evolving- hang on for the ride- with time, more sleep, and routine- it'll be better.
Hugs to you friend!
It's so good to hear from you again - I've really missed your blog! Am so glad to hear you're all well. No hotmail, no problem. Will send you some snail mail soon.
Love from Jane
I saw some photos of Lily on other friends blogs, she is sooooo adorable! You look well, I think you're doing just great. Time goes fast, believe me, and in a couple of years you will look at your sleeping daughter in amazement and will wonder how that happened that your little baby has grown so fast. Enjoy every stage of her development, we are so fortunate to have children and experience Motherhood. Good luck with everything. And yes, with number 2 everytning is much easier and less stressful.
Love from Sevda
so good to hear from you! how i wish you would share more of your travels in motherhood here on the blog. i want to LEARN all about it and live vicariously through you!
love love love to you and little lily and Siyamak
we are here for you when you need us.
kisses, laura
Post a Comment