Thursday, April 19, 2007

Part two.

The top edge of one bottom tooth came in. The first day it was there she bit me 4 times while feeding. I did what you're supposed to do: "Ouch!" (very sincere) NO BITING MAMA! (very stern). I thought it wasn't working, because she kept doing it, but from the next day she pretty much stopped. Good thing, too. Otherwise she'd be eating a lot of millet and loquats.
She’s starting to interact much more with people and to voice her opinions about things.
Here’s something we’ve been up to recently.

And here are a some more pics.

This is a quilt that was made for her as a present. A close friend made the centre panel and then got a group together one evening to make the blocks around the outside. What fun! And it turned out so beautiful.


With her two Grandmas. This was the happy ending to the passport drama and our trip to Turkey. We'll be showing her this picture and telling her the story as she grows up.


Sleep was sweet, but she was sweeter. She's already so much bigger and so different.


This is one of my favorite pictures of her even though it's blurry. It captures something of her happy spirit.


She loved looking at this mobile. You can see the green quilt behind her, and she's sitting on a quilt my aunt made for her. On the left is an unfinished quilted project I was working on. She really likes fabrics, and quilts especially. I think we're going to have fun doing fabric arts together when she's a little bigger.

4 comments:

Sevda and Michael Teske said...

LIZ is so cute and so precious! Thank you for posting her pictures, we look forward to seeing more. And the quilts are awesome!
Much love from Teskes

Jane said...

Thanks for posting more photos. Nice to see what you've been up to. Love the quilts.

gypsy said...

HI I DID NOT KNOW!!!!!! how beautiful beautiful wonderful baby!!!!
all my love to you!

Laura said...

Your favorite photo is my favorite too! I'm so happy for you that you have a group of mom's with babies the same age. This is a great gift for you and your lovely daughter.
Sleeping with the baby is sooooo nice. My youngest still sleeps with us but has recently requested that she sleep with the boys!! I miss her! The boys--although the oldest is almost 6--still sleep better when i crawl in with them before bed....