We've seen some funny almost correct, or not, uses of English. I drove past a DRAGSTORE yesterday. In case you find that life offers too little resistence, either physical or metaphoric. In case you find yourself getting ahead of yourself, or falling forward on your face. You may need a little more drag to slow things down.
A menu offered Grilled Lamp. In case the lamp you had seemed too smugly private and you felt that it needed to be interrogated about its lamp life and previous light bulb relationships etc.
A friend reported seeing Beards of Pray on a menu. In case you are too female and too unorthodox (you know who you are) and needed a little more masculine orthdoxy in your life. She said she thought it was a chicken dish, and I suppose if they were free range chickens (unlikely) they may have preyed on an odd worm or snail.
Added later: Ironic--I was spelling menu almost right, actually in a different language, in this post. That's what I get.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are reminding of the store signs in Liberia, one which offered Frozing Food.
Another which had Slash bread, in other words "Sliced Bread." It sounds so much more impressive if it is slashed.
Love amma
I remember those. At least I remember hearing about them.
Oh Selvi, I laughed out loud seeing the bulb under questioning.
And Happy Thanksgiving back! I think I'm finally able to comment again.
Post a Comment