Sunday, February 10, 2008

The grandmother requested pics

I didn't know that I didn't have to first post photos on Flickr before putting them on my blog. Did you have to do that at some point? Why did I think that? It's so much easier and quicker not to. So watch out!

I've found that the pictures of Lillian I like best are sometimes not very good ones, they may be blurry or I may be missing part of her head or something. I think it's because when she's doing something interesting it's hard to catch her. Anyway here are some that I really like.

Doing I don't know what here, but I love the mouth.

Playing with her quilt.

She and Baba love to spend time looking out the window. He sets her up on the couch, she puts her feet on the ledge and they talk about airplanes, clouds, birds, and the moon. I leaned out the window with the camera in my outstreched arm and didn't quite get them, except I think I quite did, somehow.

Our sunshine girl.

And here is one that came out okay, included because it was so lovely to let her walk around at Bahji. She was so happy and she looks like a little "nisse" in the outfit her Auntie Lisbeth sent from Denmark.


Good photos next time. And maybe soon video, if I can figure that out.

3 comments:

child_of_africa said...

hooray!! so glad you figured out how to do pictures!! :)

it is also easy to upload videos directly from blogger. just click the video icon and then browse for the file. it seems to me uploading to you tube and then embedding in the html compose tab is easier for some reason. but videos are also easy really once you figure it out.

so glad we will get to see more of lillian :)

leila said...

SASHWEE. don't you remember when i showed you how to upload pictures from your blogger? i distinctly making a trip over to OSED (any opportunity to have fresh air and see the sky) one afternoon---a friday?---to point this out.

MEANWHILE, lillian is wonderful. i know what you mean about the half-faces and how it captures something less tangible about the personality.

recently i have been DETESTING pictures of myself, and i think this is why i've been thinking about this line from ani difranco---"It took me too long to realize that i don't take good pictures 'cuz i have the kind of beauty that moves."

trying to think of it that way.

lillian, of course, has both.

love you and yours,
leila

leila said...

"distinctly REMEMBER".

i proofread if i'm paid for it.