My Moosh is sick with a cold and cough. She doesn't get sick often, and it seems that it's usually in connection with teeth coming, which is a sad double whammy. It seems too that all the babies we know are sick too. Well, not really, but something is going around. Moosh is not taking it too badly, after one very lethargic morning, which was actually something of a pleasure because we just snuggled together in bed the whole time, she is mostly pretty chipper. I slept with her last night, because...well because, you know, and in the middle of the night she said "orange" and then again later she said "adas (lentil in Persian), yummy". So when she asked for lentils with juice (the broth) this morning, I cooked some and she ate a little bit, even though she doesn't have much appetite. I wondered whether she is young and uncorrupted enough that her body knows what it needs, like animals.
Anyway, I once started a book about the evolutionary purpose of sickness. I don't know what the theory was, because I didn't finish it, but I have my own. Just like the head-body ratio and eye-face ratio and the soft skin and so on, when your sick it makes your mama love you 10 times more than she already does, and that must improve your chances of survival in the long run. No?
Here's a pic because I promised more. From the lovely afternoon at Bahji.
3 comments:
awwww. i'm so sorry she's sick, but snuggling in bed all morning while testing out new words? doesn't sound like the worst thing in the world to me, either.
love to you all,
leila
I'm sorry to hear that your moosh is not (hopefully already is) feeling good. I know how it feel for Mommy to see her baby helpless and sad, it's hard. We've been sick a lot this winter (and now too), mostly with mild symptoms, but it's annoying. It just goes in a circle: Bella, Adib, Mommy, Daddy, Bella, Adib... Lemon and honey and plenty of water helps us a lot. Keep well. Love from Sevda
hOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL SOON, Moosh and friends. By the way, do you cut her hair or is is just naturally growing in a fringe like that.
Love, from Amma who isn't there to know such things.
Post a Comment