On the bus home today she asked me to sing "Dawlin Dawlin" and so I started singing quietly. But I got the words wrong, and the woman sitting next to me corrected me and then sang along with us. It was cute, it made us happy.
Here are some pictures of our recent olive picking adventure. There's a tree outside our house and any time we come or go, she wants to pick an olive, or at least a leaf. So I was really excited when the opportunity arose to pick olives a Bahji.
It was a really great experience. She spent a lot of time with one auntie, even telling me at one point when she caught sight of her, "You wait here, I'm going to see her by my self." In general there was a really nice community feel to it, all working together, and everyone having a moment to spend with her, or taking her to help with something.
Here she is helping to pick olives of some of the branches that had been cut off the trees.
We were allowed to bring some of them home with us. She carried one home clutched in her little fist.
And we're experimenting with home curing some others. I'll let you know how they turn out.
3 comments:
What fun to go picking olives. Good luck with the home curing.
Are you using brine or just water to cure the olives? I had read about curing them with a solution of lye, but seeing Lillian with her hands near it, that seemed impossible.
Love to all Amma
We're curing them with brine, but in these pictures she's actually just helping to wash them.
Post a Comment