Monday, March 23, 2009

Report from our trip with pix

We've been home in Haifa for a month now, and I'm finally getting around to posting some photos from our trip and more narrative. I'd like to make a little album for Lillian to remember the trip by, but I don't know if I will, so this may be the best narrative we'll have of it. And that's one nice about a blogging.

When I was preparing her for traveling, and also now when we tell each other the story of our trip, we always start the part where we take the train to the airport with Baba:


The flight went okay, though it's sooooooo loooooong, even the Tel Aviv to LAX direct. She slept a lot on the trip, and played with toddler activity bags I'd made, and presents friends had given us for the trip.

My mom picked us up at airport in Los Angeles and we visited the resting place of Thornton Chase, who is considered the first American Baha'i. His grave is close to the airport, so it is a nice stop to make if you're traveling in or out of LAX.


Here are some pictures of my brother's tomatoes from the day we arrived. He's got what must be heritage varieties, and he's letting them cross pollinate and self seed. I was afraid I'd miss them, but because of the strange weather (climate change?) there were tomatoes most of the time we were there. We were getting a little artistic with the tomatoes, as you can see.




I think I'm going to do this travel narrative in a few installments. So more next time....

2 comments:

Jane said...

What gorgeous tomatoes! Ummmm ...

leila said...

more, more, soon, soon!

love love!
leila