Monday, March 30, 2009

we interrupt our regularly scheduled travel story

for a couple bloggables before I forget them:

1. "He's dancing a jiggle."

2. I asked her something (don't remember what) and she answered: "I'm afraid not."

3. "Baba are you coming to eat with us?"
"Areh golam" (Yes, my flower)
"That will be lovely."

4. We started reading a book about the soul, which turned out to be confusing for her age. Granted, it's not an easy topic (though I believe that little ones KNOW on some level already). But it raised the question of WHERE the soul is. And so I was trying to give an example of something that isn't anywhere.

"Do you love Baba?"
"Yes"
"Where's your love?"
"He's in his office."


And thank you to the lovely commenters, it really is encouraging to know that I'm writing to somebody.

Jane, I'm remembering tomatoes you served me that grew behind your udestue. Are you planting more this year?

Leila, I'm surprised that you have the time and coherence of mind to read and comment on blogs. I didn't when I was as old a mommy as you. Squeeze her for me.

Menchie, we miss you and EM. Hope to see you soon.

Laurel, I hope the three of you are well. When are you going to start your blog, so that we can keep up with the story of the long, long, long awaited baby? You know that before we even met you, we were waiting for Sissay to marry and have kids.

Anjali, we miss you. Sadly, Moosh no longer seems to expect to find you on the bench under the almond tree, though we remember you when we see watering cans.

Much love to you all, and to all other friends and family near and far who might be reading this. I'm not sure why I'm feeling so mushy, but I am, I am. Mush mush mush.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Selvi,
We don't grow our own tomatoes anymore - instead, we get them from the nearby organic farm which has beautiful heirloom varieties like your brother's. They are amazing. Hope to take you there when you're in DK. Miss you.
Jane

Anonymous said...

I love the diversion, but how about some more of the the "regularly scheduled" stuff.

Love,
Amma