Friday, December 28, 2012

L2

This blog is such a treasury of moments and memories with my Moosh, and of course the big thing that happened during the time that I haven't been blogging is the arrival and growth up to age 2 years and 7 months L. number 2.  I will not allow myself to suffer over the many sweet moments that have slipped away leaving no trace (I find myself so able to forget things that seem so unforgettable in the moment...sometimes I remember that there was something special to remember, but not what it was), and instead try now to capture those that lie ahead.

Here's one:
L2 (apropos nothing):  Mama
S: Yes?
L2: I love you too.

He said it this way for a while, giving me the chance to reflect upon it.  I thought maybe I could take it as a sign that he knew I loved him even when I hadn't just said it.  Then I decided my answer should be "I love you too, too." 

Then he started saying instead, "Um, I love you" 
Why "Um?"

The other thing that we love is that he says certain words that end in V with a B instead:

Olibs!  (except someone made the mistake of correcting him and now he says olives)

"GLUBS" for gloves.  He puts socks on his hands.

"Leebs"  for leaves.

We try not to correct him.

3 comments:

Jane in DK said...

Hi Selvi - how wonderful that you're blogging again! I missed you.
"...sometimes I remember that there was something special to remember, but not what it was." That happens to me too.

sashwee said...

Thanks Jane. Have you ever thought of blogging? Capture some of those ephemeral moments?

Rachel said...

So funny, when I say "I love you," little J just says, "too." A favorite of mine from A right now is "Poke-a-nots" for Polka dots. I definitely try not to correct her. :)