Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Saving snippets

Snippets from FB

I always mean to use this to capture little memories.  Recently I've ended up posting things on FB instead, but I am reposting them here so they are mine. 

Today:
I am cackling and evil cackle. My little monkey had taken to scaling the washing machine of late, in order to get all the things I put up on the "out of reach shelf". Little sticky toes could hold on to the top edge and then walk up the side. Well. I rubbed a little bit of oil on the front of the machine. Doesn't work any more!feeling accomplished.

And then...
Cackling no more. Gnashing teeth. He brought out the step stool, and now has enough leverage with his elbows on top of the machine to get up.

Saturday our whole living room was transformed:
Our 12 yo neighbor has to be the world's best play mate ever. She just turned our living room into an amazing "fort" mansion with walls, roof, carpeted areas. I had a tour; it has a bathroom with "toilet" and "sink" an observatory point with binoculars, a book nook, craft corner, doll corner, bedroom, hallway. Now they are playing "family", it's morning and they will be having breakfast soon.

It was a fun day.  We also played cards together, teaching L&L the games, which they hadn't played before.  Little L won the first 4 games of crazy eights in a row.  We  helped him with his cards, but we didn't let him win, at all, it just happened.  The was very happy about that.  I think the technical term in my day was "stoked". 

No comments: