Moosh and I were doing a word search together. We decided to look for secret words that weren't on the list. We wrote them down along with their definitions. She wrote them down, and then because I was washing the dishes and couldn't look at the word search grid with her, we decided to make them up. We took turns coming up with a word, while the other divined the definition. She wrote them down in her sweet second-grade writing, and I have a little pile of scraps with these secret words on them. Some of them have illustrations too. She's asleep, so I can't confer with her on the details now.
These came from the word search for sure:
Her favorite: Zumbetrothead (zum-bit-rot-head): A person who thinks of stupid plans. The illustration is of something being put in the toilet (maybe socks?).
Bhumunsirus (bumuns-iris): A lumpy little man's iris. The illustration is exactly that.
These may have been from the word search, I'm not sure:
Dirvogle: "is a chanel in your ear that can hear very loud."
Vamod: "a secret mode in your car that makes you pee."
Usskgdorsl (this must have been from the word search): "A little monster that bounces on it's bottom."
Uaba: a wooden tool to smash dirt clods.
These were for sure made up:
Mooshdibble: "a mouse that you !!!!! hate!
Spokinbele (my favorite): if you talk for to day and nights without stoppin a purple ball will come out of your mouth. [lots of those rolling around here]
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OH! I love this! John Mark and talked about making up a language, but we only had a few very unimaginative words. These are wonderful, and I might have to find a way to remember and use them!
Post a Comment