Friday, April 28, 2006

Eggs

MBH suggested the other day that it might be easier if I could just lay an egg instead of being pregnant for 9 months.
I told him that then I'd have to sit on the egg, or carry it around in an egg bag.
It didn't occur to me at the time that he could just as well sit on the egg. Or maybe like lizards it would be a soft egg that we'd bury somewhere.
On the other hand, in this age of modern inventions, there would probably be fancy incubators to put our eggs in and we'd just vist them and sing songs and tap on the shell. But I'd be willing to bet that scientists would discover that the most advanced well-adjusted babies came from carrying the egg around everywhere so it would hear your voice and experience the rhythm of your gait. So we'd have fancy insullated egg backpacks in fashionable styles for both men and women with ergonomically correct straps.
I guess I should add another metaphore to my list: I am a soft egg and walking, talking incubator all in one.

3 comments:

Shingo said...

and what a lovely egg you are :)...although when you have the baby that doesn't make you a a chicken does it?? :)

tahmina, amir & azamat said...

oh my God, you are so funny! it's interesting the way you think about yourself, i like it:) i am happy that you are enjoying your pregnancy and sharing your enjoyment with us:)
love,
tahmina

tahmina, amir & azamat said...

oh my God, you are so funny! it's interesting the way you think about yourself, i like it:) i am happy that you are enjoying your pregnancy and sharing your enjoyment with us:)
love,
tahmina