Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A Juju by any other name...

Juju in Persian is a reference to a chick (as in a baby bird). I think I picked it up from a friend who calls babies "juju". From west africa I know it as small magical object people would wear, like an amulet. Small magical thing that I carry around with mysel-- it seems fitting. And I even remember children with small leather bags tied around their waist, right over their bellies, so that seemed appropriate too. Except that now she's not really all that small.

I like the nick name, and even went as far as trying to think of names to give here that would allow me to use Juju as a nick name after she comes: Julie, Julia, Juliette, etc. Juniper?

Juju's father doesn't really like the nick name, though. He's taken to calling her "Baby" when he remembers that he's protesting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julia is a nice name - or what about Jewel or Jade? (I specially like Jade - beautiful name!)

Lisbeth

Laura said...

names...when we were naming our first son, my husband asked why we couldn't just wait until the child could name himself.
In my dear husband's family, his mother gave each child her own name. It seems that she was not consulted with on the naming of her children. She has presented a very successful protest where everyone calls the respective children by the name the mother chose. It is slightly confusing when there are 6 children, and twice as many names to remember.
I am sure you will find the perfect name through reflection and consultation. A name the child will come to love as well.
My prayers are with you and little juju and the rest of your community.
laura

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! ladies watches blonde girl 2007 dodge stratus Alternative santa monica ca teen blonde shaved sorority http://www.thyroid-cancer-0.info/Brain_injury_council_meridia_legal.html llc incorporations blonde escort las vegas blonde teen fingering

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... saints and sinners bingo registration key industrial process heaters intellectual+property+and+insurance king of the bingo game train dream Ionamin 2 xenical 4 diet pill Gsusa camping fun patch http://www.recreational-vehicle-manufacturers.info plotters saints sinners bingo keygen Baccarat games guide