Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sets of names

I've always been interested in names, even before the great name hunt for Juju. I sometimes like amuse myself by thinking of sets of names that go together, which you could use for siblings. Did anyone read the Anatole books with Paul and Paulette, George and Georgette, and so on?

Here are a few sets:

Rose, Lily, Hyacinthe, Jasmine, Narcisse, Poppy, Violet (any more?)

Pearl, Ruby, Jade, Opal, Esmerelda (and maybe Gemma?)

Sonata and Aria (This could be a boy and a girl, cause I've know a guy named Aria, except that I think it might be spelled Arya and refers to something else)

Scarlet, Violet, Saffron, (there must be more)

Hope, Faith, Patience, Prudence, Grace, Charity, Constance and Justice (I know a boy named Justice) and maybe Capability?
I actually like some of these names very much, but they haven't been included on the Juju list because they don't transliterate into Persian very well.

Ella, Emma and Enna

April, May, June, Augusto

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so thrilled to see the more regular posts! thanks so much :)

a couple more names for your categories:

Magnolia
Sapphire
Melody
and
Joy

coudn't think of any more color names but also felt there should be more.

Anonymous said...

I have thinking of Joon (June) as in Joonam for a Juju name, like Azizeh or Sweetheart or Precious.

Do you remember Sumera (diamond) and Homera (emerald) our friends in Gambia?

I also thank you for frequent posts. Love you.

Jane said...

Iris and Petunia!

Jane said...

... and how could I forget Daisy?