Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Office farewell

Today my Office had lunch together to say farewell to me. I love any chance we have to get together like that, and invite a few special guests. It was very nice, kind remarks were made, kind interest was shown in Juju, a special dessert, a little present, brainstorming about the name. MBH was encouraged to do everything I tell him.

It hasn't really sunk in that I'm leaving the office. Actually, I'm hoping that I'll be able to help out with little projects and things, after Juju comes. And everyone keeps saying that I'm not really leaving. I feel that way too. But still, things are changing. Someone else will take over my responsibilities and my cubicle. I'll soon be out of the loop on things. I do feel that this change in my life has come at the right time. I wouldn't have wanted to wait any longer, but I am already starting to feel a bit nostalgic, as clearning things out is reminding me of when I started. It's been a life-shaping experience, and I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to work here. We have such a lovely team; we work well together. I'm so grateful.

4 comments:

carolina said...

oh, are you done at work now? patrik and i are leaving next week, but if you're still coming up to the arc for lunch, i'd love to sit with you one day! :)

i wish we could have still been here when juju makes her appearance into this world!

big hugs,
carolina

Anonymous said...

Having a child is such a big adjustment in a person's life. I started my first full-time job a few monthes ago and already I feel that there is not enough time in the day. Being a mom is a full-time job especially when you have to take them to different places all the time. I wanted to enter the work force so badly before, now I am in it, I wish I only work part-time. Liang

Laura said...

It would be great for you to continue to do some work for your office--balance, with your new most important position of mommy.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »