We've been having a great season for "stone fruits". Did you know that roses, apples, plums, peaches, nectarines, rasberries, black berries, strawberries, pears, quince, almonds, roses and many others all belong to the same family? The Rosaceae family. This summer has been especially good for nectarines. I think peaches and plums have been good too, but I'm focusing on nectarines. I could live on them. We have trouble keeping ourselves stocked. And I'm also eating lots of almonds, because they told me at the prenatal clininc that they were good for heartburn. It seems to work, actually. Anyway, I wonder if Juju will have a taste for nectarines and almonds. And maybe also for watermelon. We're having about one big one a week, between the two (three) of us.
The other thing we're doing a lot of is smoothies. Our recipe is 2 bananas, one mango, 3 dates, and about half a cup of yogurt. Yummy. I recently tried freezing the banana for more of a milkshake effect, but it came out the same, just a bit colder. And MBH, quite uncharacteristically sugggested his own experiment, which involved reducing the banana content.
It's a blessing living in a place with such a range and good quality produce.
Sunday, August 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I will try your smoothie recipe.
Ours is strawberries, watermelon, ice, about one half cup apple juice. Very refreshing.
By the way, happy birthday!
Love from Jane and Ingo
Yum. Sounds very refreshing, especially in the heat. We should try that.
I remember not being able to get enough mangos, going through a case of 12 in a few days...
your full delight in the flavors are so nice, and reminiscent of my 1st pregnancy.
Our smoothy included 3/4 c blueberries, carrot juice, spirulina, a tsp(although my husband would prefer it not to look so GREEN), a mango and a banana and rice or soy milk...frozen fruit makes it more like an ice.(I also added a vegetarian version of Omega-3, 6 and 9 oils)
love you, laura
This last Friday, because Mama is at Aunt liz's house, Jothi and i went out to eat and had a peach pie, Yum! We were going to buy 3 pieces and take one home to Reza, but our server said we would pay the same for a whole pie. Guess what we did? We took the whole pie. And it is gone laready
This last Friday, because Mama is at Aunt liz's house, Jothi and i went out to eat and had a peach pie, Yum! We were going to buy 3 pieces and take one home to Reza, but our server said we would pay the same for a whole pie. Guess what we did? We took the whole pie. And it is gone already
Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »
best regards, nice info »
Post a Comment