Thursday, August 17, 2006

Starting off on the wrong (swollen) foot

We've already committed one of the major "no-nos" of parenting, and she's not even here yet. We're giving her directly conflicting instructions. I'm telling her, "Just a few more day's Juju, and then we'll be ready and you can come". And MBH is saying, "You just take your time, Baby. Why not stay in there an extra month or two?" I'd agree to that if he'd take over gestating her.

When I walk up stairs, my thighs make contact with my belly; a strange sensation. I think that's a good sign, though, because it means she's dropping. Yesterday for the first time, my feet started swelling. Today it's even worse. It's not uncomfortable, it just looks like my feet were shaped during kindergarten playdough time. I guess I'm lucky to have avoided it this long. I'm going to try swimming regularly if at all possible these last weeks and see if that helps. The water pressure is supposed move fluids out of the tissues. I've been longing to go swimming actually. Even in the tub, I lose the sensation of having a bowling ball hanging inside my belly, and my muscles relax, it feels great. I'm going tonight, though I haven't tried to see whether I can fit into my bathing suit. Hmm....

I've still been coming into work part time to finish things up and clear things out. Today my colleagues very kindly offered to help with a couple things, which suddenly means that I'm almost all finished. What a weight they've taken off me! Another one is going to come help me wash the windows in the flat, because I know it'll be forever before I get the ambition to do that again after Juju comes. I am so grateful and touched at the way they are taking care of me.

10 comments:

Lindsay Lamar said...

Little Juju is going to have so many loving aunties and uncles!

Jane said...

Hope you're enjoying the swimming. Do you know anyone who has tried water aerobics - could be fun. I'd like to try water yoga, but I don't think it's been invented yet. :-)

leila said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! selvi! i heard that the juju is born!!!!!!!!

Beautiful selvi, i can't wait to see you three.

with love lov elove
from leila

Anonymous said...

congratulations selvi joon!! can't wait to meet the little juju :)

i also can't believe we were touring rambam while you were giving birth!

xo

anjali said...

I just got back from England and heard the news! The absurdly late hour is the only thing keeping me from running over to see you right now. I can't wait to meet your little one. love, Anjali

Jane said...

Congratulations Selvi and Siyamak! Can't wait to hear more.
Love from Jane

Anonymous said...

What, Juju is born?! It is a good thing that people can leave comments here. Somebody please go to see her and tell me about it since I am in the States. I was Selvi's college roommate and can't wait to see pictures of the little one and to hear the birthing experience. Thanks! Liang

Anonymous said...

OH Wonderful news. I was just about to say the silence on the blog must mean a new being arrived, full of blessing and purity!

Great news...can't wait to hear how it went, see pictures, and just rejoice! Congratulations Selvi and Siyamak! If anyone has any links to more info, pls post here! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I was just going to give you advice on swelling feet when i saw this ocean of comments!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!Probably one of the most exciting moments of one's life.

Anonymous said...

Hej min søde, Thanks Gud, I har det godt. Vi var meget bekymret for jer. Lade være med at tænke på dine fødder, snart er det overstået. og det er så dejlig, at du har nogen, som kan hjælpe dig med de praktiske! Uuh jeg har savnet dig sååå meget. Hils Juju and kære MBH. Jeg vil sende nogle billeder af P&P. Knus og kram shahla