Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Fun morning

My moosh is playing pretend more and more, and I love it. We know a lot of women who are expecting or have just given birth, and she seems to have an idea of what is going on. Sort of. She has several times claimed that "Baby G" (an unborn friend) is either in his father's belly or in her own belly. This morning she put two (clean) dried out wipes down her shirt and informed me that both Baby G and Clara (a recently born friend) were in her belly. Here is a shot for the cover of "Mothering" magazine.


And here is a sneak peak at directly at the babies.
Forget ultrasound.

Then she found two coins, a 10 agarot and a 25 lira, small and big (please don't report me to the choking hazard police). "This is the Mama money and this is the Baby money." Then later, "The baby money pooped. We have to change it's diaper." She took the 10 agarot into her room and put it on her changing pad. From the ear of her yellow inflatable giraffe she extracted a pretend wipe (she likes wipes) and from its antler some "kelem" (or cream in baby Persian). Then she asked for a diaper and I managed to segue that into a diaper change for her, so I didn't get to see the rest of the story

Here she is dressed to go out. I chose the onsie (I love it) and she chose the hat from a bag of tiny baby clothes returned to us from a friend.
She pulls it down low on her brow and her little curls stick out at the sides. I can't quite figure out what it reminds me of. She is carrying a present for our neighbor upstairs, who has asked us to come up because she has something for my Moosh.

And as you can see the present was a panda fanny pack, which is clearly the most perfect accessory imaginable for her outfit. You'll understand if this is the only outfit she's ever seen in all winter.

We chatted a little with our neighbor, who was very kind and attentive to my Moosh and whose visiting grandson was also very sweet and let her listen to his iPod. Our neighbor asked for a hug and cuddled and kissed her when we left, and as we walked down the stairs, Moosh paused a moment, and then looked at me and said "She loves you." Which I think meant "she loves me" because she still mixes up the first and second person sometimes.

In other news here are two baskets I upcycled out of magazines.

I'm trying to find a project that I can do while Moosh is about. Not sure if this is it. The square one has whole sheets folded flat. For the round one I twisted strips into "yarn" and then tried to weave it all together. It is not nearly as sturdy, though it looks nicer, but that might be because the pages came out of a nice decorating magazine as opposed to the LLBean catalogue.

3 comments:

anjali said...

so absolutely adorable. nothing like a fanny pack to complete an outfit. lots of love to you and moosh.

Unknown said...

I love how you write about your adorable moosh:) makes my heart feel happy! :) much love, Nadia

Anonymous said...

hello there
how are u doing?
i like ur blog, but here net is expensive, i can't really keep in touch
send me ur email add, we can email instead.
your daughter is really gorgeous, she looks like Leah a little bit :)
big kiss to her